- Nintendo’s earnings from Pokemon Go total $29.4 million
- Its other smartphone games contributed $81 million
- Mario Kart Deluxe 8 was its biggest seller on the Nintendo Switch
The Nintendo Switch has shipped 4.7 million units in total. The news comes via the company’s first quarter earnings report. Net sales stand at $1.38 billion (roughly 8,881 crores), a 148.6 percent increase year on year while operating income is $145 million (Rs. 933 crores) and profit is $190 million (Rs. 12,228 crores).
Furthermore, the company has noted its total sales of Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U hardware and games as well as Nintendo Switch sales for the quarter and its lifespan.
Nintendo Switch, 3DS, and Wii U sales
- Total Switch hardware: 4.70 million
- Total Switch software: 13.60 million
- Total 3DS hardware: 67.08 million
- Total 3DS software: 335.10 million
- Total Wii U hardware: 13.56 million units
- Total Wii U software: 99.97 million units
- Switch hardware: 1.97 million for the quarter
- Switch software: 8.14 million for the quarter
- 3DS hardware: 950K for the quarter
- 3DS software: 5.85 million for the quarter
In terms of games, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold 3.54 million units worldwide while fighting game ARMS did 1.18 million. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild continues to sell, adding 1.16 million units (3.92 million lifetime to date).
Nintendo and Pokemon Go
Granted the company didn’t have a major role in the making of Pokemon Go, but it has earned $29.4 million (almost Rs. 189 crores) from it. In terms of its other smartphone games – such as Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes, Nintendo made $81 million (around Rs. 521 crore).[“Source-gadgets.ndtv”]